Thursday, February 28, 2013

Expectations

I was 43 years old when a spiritual advisor helped me to define my problem. Expectations! We were about 5 1/2 hours into a discussion when, with great exasperation, he proclaimed, "Dude, you're unreasonable expectations of everyone in your life is killing you!"

He went on to explain to me that seemingly no one in my life had ever lived up to my expectations, including me! You had disappointed me. I had dissapointed me. Satisfaction in this life would be near impossible if I could not take a real hard look at the simple idea of my expectations of you and me.

I'm now 48 years old and my problem is Expectations! But there has been growth. At least I know it now. And when you fail to meet my expectations and I fail to meet my expectations, I can remind myself that we are all just God's kids and that maybe I should give you and me a little break.

No comments :