Monday, November 30, 2015

Stealing Blackie Sherrod's Schtick

November has come and gone so quickly that I can hardly recall what happened. I have made mental notes of at least a half dozen topics for this silly little blog. But, candidly, I am just not motivated to address any of them in detail. I do, however, feel the need to get some of this stuff out in the open in order to make room for fresh ideas to pop into my tired little brain.

Famed Sports Writer, Blackie Sherrod used to write a Friday column called "Scattershooting." So, as I sit here with a proper cup of British Tea, I think I will do some Scattershooting, while wondering what ever happened to Fred Biletnikoff.

Does anyone remember when Airline Travel used to be kind of glamorous and high tone? Not anymore. Most travelers look as though they are just coming in from a frat party.

While standing in Lichfield Cathedral, the idea struck me that worshippers sure were obsessed with their worship facilities back in the day. Then it occurred to me that 900 years later, very little has changed.

I dare you to take an escalator very deep under the London City Streets to catch The Tube and not think about some coked up idiot, on the platform, wearing a vest filled with explosives.

I don't think they are frying Fish n Chips in lard anymore. Not quite the same....

Too much football during the Thanksgiving week. I'm thinking of giving up on it until both college and pro football can determine what a Catch is.......

Am I the only one that is disgusted by the fact that we have gotten so lazy that we will actually sit and watch other people play Cards?

It's time they gave Reality TV another name!

Anyone excited about the prospect of another show about Alaska?

The Angel Baby came home to visit as an Engaged woman. Yes, HE was with her. She could have done a lot worse!

I know Big Tuck hates the fact that he is acting more like me every day. On the one hand, I'm proud. Then, I start to pity the poor kid....

Sandy was a good Dog!

Forty-Four years old is WAY too young to die......






1 comment :

Unknown said...

Fred B could tell you what a "catch" was (is), he never dropped a pass (ok, almost never). But then his uniform was basically yellow from all the stick-em he had on him.