Monday, February 9, 2015

Mindfulness Versus the Shirt

The few of you who are friends with me on FB are aware of the Shirt. It is glorious! It is beautiful! Truth is, it's down right funny! The Shirt says "I Don't Even Like the People I Like." Shoe delivered it Saturday night. His wife custom made it for me, pursuant to my specific instructions. I really do the love the Shirt.

The timing, however, could not be worse. The shirt is harshing my newly acquired mindfulness. No, that's not exactly true. The shirt is inconsistent with my recent attempts to learn to meditate and be more present and mindful throughout the day.

So, here's the update and the reason for my dilemma. The meditation website I subscribed to started out with a 30 day Foundation Series that was supposed to teach me the basics and "how to" meditate. The first 10 days were 10 minute sessions. The next 10 days were 15 minute sessions. Finally, the third 10 days were 20 MINUTE SESSIONS! Do I need to repeat that? 20 Minute Sessions! Does anyone understand just how long that is?

Yay me! I did the first 30 sessions in 30 consecutive days! Buy the plane ticket! Time to head off to Tibet and teach those boys how it's done!

One of the main reasons for wanting to get through the Foundation Series is that ALL of the other "Subjects" were locked until I completed the entry level, beginner stuff. And I truly needed to unlock that Library. I could see the offerings.....Performance, Health, Relationships and a plethora of sub-titles under each of these  categories. I was SO interested in moving on! I am a runner, for crying out loud! I need to get done with this elementary stuff and get into the Performance Library!

Well......I didn't click on the Performance Library. Seemingly, I need to address more important issues. I once read a book that describes folks like me. This book indicated that I was "seemingly incapable of forming a true partnership with another human being!" Kind of a tough indictment, huh? So......I clicked on Relationships. And this morning was my 6th consecutive day of meditating on and being mindful of my relationships with you!

Which brings me to the T-shirt. Coincidence? I think not. Just at the time in my life when I am finally open to the idea of learning mindfulness and meditating on my relationships with you, the T-shirt arrives.....I DON'T EVEN LIKE THE PEOPLE I LIKE!

It's anybody's guess as to how this is going to turn out!










No comments :